Alpine with pre-built applications
To simplify maintenance and distribution of the pre-built applications described in the Eclypse Z7 notes, I’ve put together a bootable SD card image based on the lightweight Alpine Linux distribution.
- Download SD card image zip file.
- Copy the contents of the SD card image zip file to a micro SD card.
- Optionally, to start one of the applications automatically at boot time, copy its
apps/<application>to the topmost directory on the SD card.
- Install the micro SD card in the Eclypse Z7 board and connect the power.
- Applications can be started from the web interface.
The default password for the
root account is
Wi-Fi is by default configured in hotspot mode with the network name (SSID) and password both set to
Eclypse Z7. When in hotspot mode, the IP address of Eclypse Z7 is 192.168.42.1.
The wired interface is by default configured to request an IP address via DHCP. If no IP address is provided by a DHCP server, then the wired interface falls back to a static IP address 192.168.1.100.
From systems with enabled DNS Service Discovery (DNS-SD), Eclypse Z7 can be accessed as
03xxxx are the last 6 characters from the MAC address written on the Ethernet connector.
In the local networks with enabled local DNS, Eclypse Z7 can also be accessed as
Switching to client Wi-Fi mode:
Switching to hotspot Wi-Fi mode:
Editing a file: