SDR receiver compatible with HPSDR
This SDR receiver emulates a Hermes module with eight receivers. It may be useful for projects that require eight receivers compatible with the programs that support the HPSDR/Metis communication protocol.
The HPSDR/Metis communication protocol is described in the following documents:
This application requires that the Zmod ADC is connected to the ZMOD A connector of the Eclypse Z7 board.
The FPGA configuration consists of eight identical digital down-converters (DDC). Their structure is shown on the following diagram:
The main problem in emulating the HPSDR hardware with Eclypse Z7 is that the Zmod ADC sample rate is 100 MSPS and the HPSDR ADC sample rate is 122.88 MSPS.
To address this problem, this version contains a FIR filter for fractional sample rate conversion.
The resulting I/Q data rate is configurable and three settings are available: 48, 96, 192 kSPS.
The tunable frequency range covers from 0 Hz to 50 MHz.
The projects/sdr_receiver_hpsdr/server directory contains the source code of the UDP server (sdr-receiver-hpsdr.c) that receives control commands and transmits the I/Q data streams to the SDR programs.
This SDR receiver should work with most of the programs that support the HPSDR/Metis communication protocol:
QUISK with the
ghpsdr3-alex client-server distributed system
Java desktop application based on openHPSDR Android Application
- Download SD card image zip file (more details about the SD card image can be found at this link).
- Copy the contents of the SD card image zip file to a micro SD card.
- Optionally, to start the application automatically at boot time, copy its
apps/sdr_receiver_hpsdrto the topmost directory on the SD card.
- Install the micro SD card in the Eclypse Z7 board and connect the power.
- Install and run one of the HPSDR programs.
Running CW Skimmer Server and Reverse Beacon Network Aggregator
- Install CW Skimmer Server.
- Copy HermesIntf.dll to the CW Skimmer Server program directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\SkimSrv).
- Install Reverse Beacon Network Aggregator.
- Start CW Skimmer Server, configure frequencies and your call sign.
- Start Reverse Beacon Network Aggregator.
Building from source
The structure of the source code and of the development chain is described at this link.
Setting up the Vitis and Vivado environment:
Cloning the source code repository:
Building SD card image zip file: